The European Investment Fund (EIF) have published their VC Survey for 2023
Published 6 November 2023
Key takeaways from the survey include:
- Most VCs (70%) had a negative perception of the fundraising environment in 2023, as challenges in finding co-investors and slowed new investments impacted the industry.
- Portfolio companies faced difficulties, including decreased valuations and more expected insolvencies.
- Most VCs (72%) had a negative view of the exit environment, with fewer IPOs and trade sales, as challenges included insufficient liquidity in the IPO market and difficulties finding potential buyers.
- Exit prices decreased according to most VCs (77%), but 1/3 VCs expect a recovery in the next 12 months.
- Despite deteriorating market sentiment indicators in the long-term, there were improved expectations for the next year.
- Overall, confidence in the long-term growth of the VC industry declined in 2023.
Read the full survey here.