New ESG KPI Report by Invest Europe
Published 27 March 2023
Invest Europe, the trade association representing Europe’s private equity and venture capital sector, has published its first ESG KPI report with data from 2021.
The report is based on 2021 ESG KPI data from 659 European private equity and venture capital firms on 2,100 funds and from 5,895 portfolio companies.
While not necessarily representative for the industry as a whole today, the report has exciting key takeaways:
- Funds subject to SFDR: 67% were classified as article 6 funds, 26% as article 8, and 8% as article 9.
- 77% of all funds had a policy describing its approach to identifying and managing ESG factors.
- 31% of portfolio companies had an Environmental Management System in place.
- 9% had a net zero target in place.
- 38% of full-time employees working in portfolio companies were female.
- 28% of board seats were taken by women.
- 70% of portfolio companies had an anti-corruption & bribery policy in place.
- 75% had cyber security risks initiatives in place.
- 36% of board members were independent.
- 87% had privacy of employees & customers policies in place.
The full report can be found here.